Day 2 – Prayer by Faith
Prayer works because God is in control. The basis of all miracles is God’s sovereignty. We have to trust his wisdom and his goodness. Prayer is not getting God prepared to do our will, prayer is getting us prepared to do God’s will.
Read: Mark 11:22-25
Twenty times in the New Testament it says, “Ask.” It’s encouraging to know that when things are out of our control, they are never out of God’s control. I may not be able to change the situation, but I can pray and God can change it.
That includes changing a relationship from bad to good, and the quickest way to see that change is to start thanking God for the people you are having difficulty getting along with.
Praying for them will change your attitude—and it will change them. Positive praying is much more powerful than positive thinking. People may resist our help, spurn our appeals, and reject our suggestions, but they are powerless against our prayers.
- Take some time and come to God. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you if there is any doubt or unbelief in your heart?
- Ask God to remove any doubt/unbelief in your heart.
- Renew your commitment to pray.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to show you if there is anyone you need to release forgiveness to. Ask for healing from God.
- List their names and begin to pray for them one by one.
God . . . is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of—infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes.Ephesians 3:20 (TLB)
5 Days Fast and Pray Devotional